Yeah, but how do you manage a podcast (2023 edition)?
Podcasts are among the most rewarding projects that you can undertake. But regardless of the passion and creativity that sparked them, they are ultimately projects that must be managed to succeed. Using his experience in marketing, project management and podcasting, speaker Jacob McCourt will share helpful hints and tools that can be used to prepare, launch and keep up with the demands of a regular podcast series. This panel is not about the technical elements of podcasting.
Jacob McCourt is an award-winning speaker, marketer and podcaster and has worked for companies like 3M, Grubhub, Entertainment One and Bell Media and has written about technology for Best Buy Canada and others. His podcasts, the Left Behind Game Club & Cutscenes have a combined eight Canadian Podcast Awards nominations, and his YouTube live show Video Game Trivia recently took the stage at PAX West in Seattle.
Key Take Aways
- How to apply project management processes to your podcast
- How to manage the pre-launch and launch of your show with a project management mindset
- How to manage episodic production when episodes are in various phases of production
- How to select the right tools to manage your show
- A grab bag of lessons from Jacob's six years of podcasting & twenty years of content creation