The Care and Feeding of an Audience
We spend a lot of time on sound quality, show notes, social media, and other aspects of production, distribution, or marketing. But how much time do we really spend on audience strategy – getting to know our listeners, and finding out why they choose to spend – or not spend – time with your show? Join Tom Webster, an 18-year veteran of podcasting and the go-to expert on audience strategy for the leading podcast companies in the world, as he walks attendees through a lively review of best practices to anticipate and satisfy the needs, wants, and desires of the most important people to your show.
Key Take Aways
- Why audience feedback is crucial, but potentially dangerous
- How to solicit feedback from your audience
- How to interpret your own data
- Pitfalls of listening to your listeners
- How to develop and transform your audience into advocates for your show