In 2019, Diana dove into the world of podcasting, launching Talk Paper Scissors – a podcast about creativity in graphic communications. (Featured as part of the 2021 Hot Docs Podcast Festival Opening Act in partnership with CBC Podcasts.)
By day, Diana teaches students within The Creative School at TMU to know their audience and create compelling visual content. By night, Diana does the exact opposite: she creates podcast content for herself more than for her audience — with no set production schedule, no set show format, no set episode length, no less! — in a decidedly non-visual format. And it’s the best thing she’s ever done.
Learn the way Diana uses podcasting as a creative outlet (that sometimes interweaves with her day job), allowing her to explore new topics, speak with interesting people and create a body of work that’s opened doors she didn’t know existed. Be inspired to create your own podcast that breaks all the rules and is uniquely you.
Key Take Aways
- The way Diana uses her podcast as a creative outlet.
- You don’t need anyone’s permission to pursue a creative project that can lead in inspired and exciting directions.
- The true measure of ‘success’ in podcasting (hint: it’s not in the numbers!).
- How breaking the rules can lead to novel insights in podcasting and beyond.
- A few handy and free resources to get started in podcasting.