CBC Podcasts is a richly diverse collection of award-winning podcasts that engage, enlighten and entertain. As the #1 podcaster in Canada, it garners millions of downloads each month, across a wide variety of genres.
In this session, CBC Podcast producers Eunice Kim, Ilina Ghosh and Evan Kelly will walk you through the lifecycle of a typical CBC podcast production, covering everything from pitch to launch. This session will be of interest to journalists and producers hoping to collaborate with the CBC, as well as independent podcasters looking to improve their audio offerings.
Key Take Aways
- How CBC podcasts get made from pitch to launch
- Merging original journalism with premium storytelling
- Bringing scripts to life with immersive sound design and scoring
- Navigating the wide range of podcast genres and formats
- Audience building: our community-based digital and outreach strategy